Welcome to the Counselor's Corner at Royersford Elementary
Mrs. Ginny Prevost
National Certified Counselor
Licensed Professional Counselor
To learn more about me visit my Profile Page
The 5 C's of Counseling
1. Counseling for children: classroom lessons, individual counseling, small group counseling
2. Curriculum for children: relevant to their developmental needs, Pro-Social program
3. Consultation: parents, administrators, teachers, school psychologists, social workers, medical professionals, health agencies
4. Coordination: testing and assessment, observations, meetings between school and home and parent education programs relevant to needs
5. Collaboration: parents and outside agencies, team member at school, liaison between school and home
Counselor's Corner Files and Information
Click here for more information about the characteristics of a gifted child.
The Child Study Team (CST) is a group of professional personnel who meet to discuss concerns relative to a student's school functioning. Please read this important document for more information.
Consult this list if you're looking for community resources of agencies offering counseling services.
The school counselor's job involves a variety of duties. Click here to view the counselor's responsibilities.
Developmental guidance lessons are taught at all grade levels throughout the school year. The lessons are designed to meet the needs of the student population. Lessons incorporate a variety of teaching techniques, including stories, role plays, large group presentations and small group activities. Please read this important document for more information.
Frequently Asked Questions
Please read our Mission Statement to learn more about the goal of the Spring-Ford Area School District counseling program.
The Spring-Ford Area School District recognizes the need for a pro-social skills program at the elementary school level (grades K-6). At Royersford Elementary, pro-social skills are integrated into all aspects of our daily routine. Please read this important document for more information.
Please see this document for many websites that you may find helpful.